VIC Workcover - Backpay for Lost Wages?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hammer

20 July 2015
This relates to Workcover. If you have received a suspension notice and a termination notice is coming for non compliance with the insurance company - but you are disputing both notices and intend to have the matter heard in court...Do you get back pay for wages payments lost if you win the case when it finally goes to court?
--------
My question is - once I get the matter to court, in several months time and if I win my case, do I get backpaid the missing payments from now until the court date? I have rewritten the query because the previous attempt was a little unclear.

I have had my Workcover payments terminated by the insurance company for supposed non-compliance with them. I have had Genuine Notices of Dispute issued by the Conciliation Council over the issues of non-compliance. I am now intending on taking the matters to the Magistrates Court.

Victoria S

9 April 2014
If the court finds in favour of you, then you may be able to get back paid for the wages that you should have been paid had the payments not been terminated. If it were me, I would get legal advice on the specific circumstances as it really does depend. Workcover might also be able to give you some general information about what is usually claimed back - What To Include In Your Remuneration