NSW will an expired good behavior bond show on National police check?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

duanmulala

28 February 2020
I had a good behavior bond record of shoplifting back in 2016 and it went expired in 2018. Last year (2019) I had applied for an AFP and this good behavior bond record wasn't showed on. Now I got a new job and am waiting to get a new National police check. I am so so nervous about this and want to know if it will show on my check results? Thank you

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I had a good behavior bond record of shoplifting back in 2016 and it went expired in 2018. Last year (2019) I had applied for an AFP and this good behavior bond record wasn't showed on. Now I got a new job and am waiting to get a new National police check. I am so so nervous about this and want to know if it will show on my check results? Thank you
I am not a lawyer and have limited knowledge about this, but from my understanding that there are different levels of criminal checks which is asked for, so applying for a private company is different from the AFP, the AFP will ask for a higher level of criminal check. You can apply one for yourself, just know which one is required (in the job advert they would specify).
I am not sure and I don't want to give you bad news (and I may be wrong), the shoplifting shows your character and that may affect your application, as I said, I may be wrong.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
The price of certainty is about a hundred dollars.
Go online and do a check on yourself.

duanmulala

28 February 2020
I am not a lawyer and have limited knowledge about this, but from my understanding that there are different levels of criminal checks which is asked for, so applying for a private company is different from the AFP, the AFP will ask for a higher level of criminal check. You can apply one for yourself, just know which one is required (in the job advert they would specify).
I am not sure and I don't want to give you bad news (and I may be wrong), the shoplifting shows your character and that may affect your application, as I said, I may be wrong.
Thank you:) I got the NPC and no record is made:)