When weighing the evidence siezed

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Helen001

30 March 2017
Hi everyone,
I have so many questions, sorry. But heres another one......when cops or D's weigh the evidence, in this case drugs, is there a procedure they must follow? Ive looked online but cant find anything. Reason i ask is when watching the dvd the first 2 containers were tared, but not the third. Also one was said to be tared when it clearly shows 0.05 on the scales. The scales were also fluctuating up and down constantly when photo was taken. D's are clearly heard saying sample 11AAA but on the forensic report from the lab there is no 11AAA.
Apparently 105g of mull was also seized but nothing on any dvds of it being weighed.

I have more questions but this will do for now. Thanks heaps.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Helen,
The police in your State or Territory will have detailed procedures for bagging, tagging and weighing contraband. Do they have to provide the procedure to you, well that's another question. You could contact them and ask.

Helen001

30 March 2017
Hi Helen,
The police in your State or Territory will have detailed procedures for bagging, tagging and weighing contraband. Do they have to provide the procedure to you, well that's another question. You could contact them and ask.
Hi Lance, i thought they would be online as every other act is. Ive tried Operational procedures, evidence act, but cant find anything. Might call the court house and see if they know.