NSW What to Do with Documents and Affidavit for Hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

mum2many

1 August 2016
I am required to email to the judge's associate a chronology (how specific should this be?) list of issues, affidavits I wish to rely upon (can I rely on more that my recent Trial Affidavit?) and objections to the other parties affidavit.

I am unsure of the format of these documents. Are there any example/proforma somewhere that I can look at. I have Googled without much success.

Do I file these documents as well or just email them through?

S

Sophea

Hi mum2many, no there are no court forms for a chronology or list of issues, and I don't think there is one for the objections either. What you can do is do up a document entitled "List of Issues" or "Chronology" but use the court header for ease of filing and reference for the judge and registry.

So, basically, take your affidavit and use the court header but where it says Affidavit - replace that with "Chronology" or whatever and then proceed to write your chronology underneath that. Usually this is done in a table with 3 columns, Date, Event and Proof. So you write the date - the event that occurred on that date - and then describe any document that you have to evidence that event (refer to affidavit exhibits etc).