QLD What to Do About Police Records?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Vnt0007

18 September 2016
I'm a 37-year-old male and have had a lot of dealings with police in the past.

In the past four years, I've been quite confused when I've had dealings with police and the police themselves seem a little confused sometimes when dealing with me. After being harassed for years now, I have just discovered that I actually have two Ald police records both in my name and D.O.B. It seems each dealing I've had with police, they have just picked a file to run with on that occasion.

Instead of the police telling me about this other mysterious file or trying to rectify this, they've just put it aside and picked whatever file suits them at the time. Would I have the right for all my charges since 2012 be dropped as most, if not all, my matters be false as it would depend on what file they used to determine the overall outcome.

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
In very short terms, no - At sentencing they would have taken relevant past conduct into account.

The fact that you have 2 files with police seems more of and administrative issue.

Vnt0007

18 September 2016
In very short terms no - At sentencing they would have taken relevant past conduct into account.

The fact that you have 2 files with police seems more of and administrative issue.
Yes, I understand this and I accept all wrong doings I have done, but for several times, I got pulled over I thought I had my licence and probably did on one file but they have used the other one. I know there's no simple answer as it most likely needs more investigation by a criminal lawyer has anyone heard of someone having two police files?

I don't understand how a new life file can be made for me when I had an extensive history already.