NSW What is a directions hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Not unless you've been directed at the last hearing to do so. A directions hearing is an interim hearing to give the parties directions for the next hearing - attend family dispute resolution; file affidavits; prepare for trial; etc.

MartyK

4 June 2016
As above. Directions are usually procedural orders i.e. What you need to do before the next Court date.

Bill1979

6 April 2017
Hi there,
Can existing orders be changed at a directions hearing? Such as more time with children, change in pickip and drop off location and new orders be made such as no swearing, shouting or smoking around the children? And can evidence of breaches to the existing order be advised here or do they need to file a separate contravention order?

Kiwigirl

29 June 2017
Hi I saw your post.. I'm having my first Directions Hearing soon. The other side prepared an amended Initiating Affidavit and I was meant to provide a Response to their amended Affidavit.
My legal Rep said it's not necessary for this hearing so I'm not providing a Response.
My question is, will that have any negative affect on my case? Or are Response Affidavits not compulsory at this stage?

lacey.tdrt19

4 December 2017
Hi I saw your post.. I'm having my first Directions Hearing soon. The other side prepared an amended Initiating Affidavit and I was meant to provide a Response to their amended Affidavit.
My legal Rep said it's not necessary for this hearing so I'm not providing a Response.
My question is, will that have any negative affect on my case? Or are Response Affidavits not compulsory at this stage?
Hi Just wondering how everything went with the Directions hearing? Also there is a contravention application on this day. Not sure the process of all this and any information will be much appreciated.