SA What Happens in Next Family Court Hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

lillypilly

11 September 2016
Hi everyone,

We had the first interim court in August. My ex was told to enrol at a contact centre to see our children. He didn't do this and made the statement of "I'll wait till this is done. I'm not having someone watch me while I see my kids".

I enroled and was then notified by my lawyer that he had said that so we had to go back to family court in October where the judge told him he is only to see the children if at a contact centre. The judge ordered that the ex is to see the children once per fortnight for two hours and for a report to be made at the end of six sessions for the court.

We go back again in February.

My question is, what happens normally at the next one? In February, is that were the judge will decide? Or does it then go to trial? I'm really confused how it goes from here.

Thanks

lillypilly

11 September 2016
Hi,

All it says is that he is to spend two hours, once a fortnight with the children, and after six visits, a report is to be made for the court for further consideration on Feb 17 and the children live with the mother.

Thanks

Matthew Lynch

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
18 July 2016
Sydney
lawtap.com
From what you have said, it appears that the next court event will not be the final hearing but will just be a mention. If a final hearing is listed you will be required to prepare a trial affidavit by a certain date prior to the final hearing.