What Does Partial Police Check Disclosure Mean?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

alias1224

11 January 2017
Does partial police check disclosure mean that I've been charged with an offence?

I do not drive, so no parking tickets, and I haven't committed any serious offences as far as I'm aware, except for overdue library fines. However, I did submit my ID incorrectly. Could this be a reason for the partial rather than full disclosure?

Will this hinder my chances of employment, and where can I go to find out the reason for the partial disclosure and amend it as soon as possible?

Thank you.

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Does partial police check disclosure mean that I've been charged with an offence?

A partial police check usually means that it won't contain offences that have been expunged or spent and therefore removed from your record. This is a type of record that you can request - its fine for most employment purposes but if you want it for immigration or certain government jobs you need to get one that shows all your convictions including spent and expunged etc.

Since you don't seem to have any serious offences on your record, I don't think you have anything to be worried about. Partial disclosure - is just the type of report you ordered - its generally cheaper. You can order a full one if you are concerned - which will show everything that has ever been on your record.

What do you mean you submitted your ID incorrectly? Do you mean when you were applying for the police check?