TAS What Can I Do About Abusive Neighbours?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Winnieb37

15 March 2017
I am constantly abused verbally by my neighbours and their children. My granddaughters, who are only 4 & 7, have been frightened by their children, specifically been told they couldn't play at "their" park and if they did they would hurt them.

I have been assaulted by the father of the family and he has damaged my car when he came onto my property. I have had several church persons calling in from an online form that was filled out (that I never did). I have pizzas delivered to my door that I didn't order.

Crimestoppers was contacted for drugs in which the police came and I allowed them to look on my property which they never found anything. I have had slugs put in my mail box.

My daughter lives 4 houses up my street and my grandchildren are too scared to walk down the street or ride their bikes down here. We both rent from Housing Tasmania. Is there protocols that they should be doing as they have full knowledge on what is going on?

The police have been contacted so many times about this family and I have a restraining order on the father but that doesn't stop the rest of the family being well, loudmouths. I have problems with my lungs and suffer bad anxiety so any encounters with this family and I am constantly gasping for breath.

I have been living here for over 8 years and my son has Autism so moving is a very difficult subject and I feel I shouldn't have to bear that cost or have him feeling miserable all the time because of these people.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au