WA Wanting to change court order not getting anywhere

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Pascal

12 June 2019
How do I reverse a court order, i have court orders for the mother she is not following them and I feel it's a waste of time and I do not have a lawyer. A court has made one particular order so how to vacate this.

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Well assuming you're referring to a family court order, you have to file the breach of orders with the court before the court will do anything about the breach. That isn't 'reversing' the order though. And I don't know what you mean by 'vacate'...

sammy01

27 September 2015
yup more detail needed.
But - if the mum isn't following the order and you're not wanting the order enforced, well why go to court just to have the order removed?
So by way of example my kids live with me, they're meant to spend time with mum during allocated times as per the court orders. So leading up to a scheduled visit I send an email to confirm. She sometimes sends an email back stating she is too busy, so she doesn't see the kids. I shrug my shoulders and keep going. So why would I bother taking this to court? waste of time money and emotional stress.

Mrmark

4 July 2019
Hi,
You may have to appeal to a higher court if you feel as though you did not get the outcome you have hoped however this will be costly when taking into consideration legal fees which will be the major amount as well as court fees, this will also result in more stress. If it's puts you in a better position I would suggest appealing

Melbourne, Australia