Walked off job

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Westyp

21 April 2020
G'day,
Recently I was stood down, then government announced jobkeeper I was put back on.
I recommended employment on Sunday and by Wednesday I walked away from my job obligations without saying anything or resigning.
Now I have received my final pay slip and the bookkeeper said I have paid you 3 days and a public holiday for the days you worked, but deducted $750 jobkeeper from when we paid you a week earlier.
They said I'm not eligible for jobkeeper, but I have on a payslip, the pay period before my last payslip, it states I was paid $750 jobkeeper.
Is this a form of illegal bookeeping?
Note, in walking off the job, I never communicated that I was resigning and I have received no communication at all from my employer stating I'm sacked or no separation of employer slip.
In the cleaning industry.
Should I fight for the 4 days work I did? After they deducted $750 jobkeeper there's nothing left.
Note, the 750 deducted had been paid to me, processed-how can they deduct it if already paid.
Seems like it's on them to explain to jobkeeper people my situation and get their money back that way?
Thanks hope you understand what I've wrote