QLD Waiting times for Brisbane Federal Circuit Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bobby Whitlow

23 March 2017
Does anyone have any experience with the waiting times for Brisbane Federal Circuit Court for urgent matters, child abuse, withholding of child? There are no current orders in place as was living separated under 1 roof prior to 1 month ago when I placed a DVO on her and left due to ongoing violence.
She's assaulted relatives and threatened relatives and threatened to have me and some relatives killed as well as threatened to kill my daughter if I try and take her.

My lawyer is lodging with court this week, took them a while to write up affadvits, they're a bit more than 15,000 words long, 4 affidavits in total from myself and eye witnesses.

It's really hard to get my lawyer, they always seem busy.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Wait till the end of the week before you get anxious. Preparing 15K words is not a trivial exercise and you want to make sure it is done properly and not dismissed because your lawyer missed something important. Let them do their job while you protect your daughter.

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok - so two thoughts on solicitors.... Yep be patient. A good one will refuse to reply when you call the secretary to leave a message. WHY? well they know they charge insane amounts of money. So a good solicitor won't call you to tell you that they have nothing to tell you and that will effectively save you between $20-$50.... They will call you when they have something to tell you and that will be $20-$50 well spent.

BUT - a bad solicitor wont reply to yur calls because they are too busy working on other cases and have taken on way too much work becausethey love rolling around in money....
Bloody hard to work out which one is which. I know it is stressful sitting around doing nothing. But sometimes doing nothing is hte best thing to do...