WA VRO with no specified expiry

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

RelliRandom

26 May 2021
Hi x -partner has always been emotionally & financially abusive. He sought VRO order against myself May 2019 making false accusations & claims to Magistrate. Terms of ther Order; Behave in an intimidatory, offensive or abusive manner. Must not be in possession of a firearm. He consistency threatens myself (calling Police sole custody etc), he intimidates myself is emotionally abusive towards our son & Breaches Family Court Orders restricting my access to facilitate a breach of the order. Order was made May 2019 with no expiry stated. Is order automatically cancelled after 2 years?
Regards Rel

sammy01

27 September 2015
The order should have an expiry date. I'd be going to a police station and asking how long their records say the thing is enforceable for
But can you explain how he is using the family court orders to try to get you to breach the VRO?

RelliRandom

26 May 2021
Thank you for the advise. He consistently denies my access when I've insisted alternative access he calls the Police for welfare check. He abuses my son attempting to incite a Breach. He has lied to the Courts since conciliation Conference & continues to lie to Police etc to manipulate & control my son & myself. I was unrepresented in Court. There are no welfare issues. Prior to Trial for VRO he was attending different Police stations with my son every weekend hoping I had breached via email or text.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Order was made May 2019 with no expiry stated. Is order automatically cancelled after 2 years?
If no period is specified, 2 years from the date the order came into force.... You would be foolish to think that gives you a green light to do whatever you want with impunity... another successful application could be made, perhaps with a longer period next time.
He consistently denies my access when I've insisted alternative access
Not sure what that means excatly .... Just stick to whatever time the orders say if you can't agree on an alternative

RelliRandom

26 May 2021
Apologies for any misunderstandings..

He deliberately does what ever he want's & if I disagree to or request an alternative arrangement I'm abused verbally threatened anything is possible.

I have never had the liberty to do as I please since mid 2012. I prefer no contact his behavior is unpredictable & distressing Sidney's home environment is far more abusive.

Unfortunately I breached VRO - 5-10 texts over extended period. October-December 2019. February 2020, close to 5 months after the Breach. He refused to compensate 2 nights lost time on the school holiday make up for lost time on the school holidays. I'm permitted 3 nights per
Hi x -partner has always been emotionally & financially abusive. He sought VRO order against myself May 2019 making false accusations & claims to Magistrate. Terms of ther Order; Behave in an intimidatory, offensive or abusive manner. Must not be in possession of a firearm. He consistency threatens myself (calling Police sole custody etc), he intimidates myself is emotionally abusive towards our son & Breaches Family Court Orders restricting my access to facilitate a breach of the order. Order was made May 2019 with no expiry stated. Is order automatically cancelled after 2 years?
Regards Rel

fortnight. My son is a beautiful boy we love spending time together. Sidney endures more than myself it's heart breaking & continues to impact our lives weekly.

I'm 5'2 48kgs He is 6'2 & scary. Never ever threatened physical harm or extreme psychological abuse or denied contact with Sidney.
His provocation & or incitement to Breach of interim VRO was obvious & escalated to attack Sidney he was denied dinner because I didn't end 5-10 minute max call fast enough. Cruel & unacceptable to punish Sid in that way. I'm powerless unable to protect my son. Truly devastating Age 50 I'm now a convicted criminal.
He will never stop!