WA Vists with my children

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Abdullah

17 May 2019
I have twin children whom I would like to meet , they are 5 years old , I have not met them and the mother has full custody, I have no contact with the mother of twins , I do pay for both of them , can I hire a private solicitor to contact the mother about me seeing them or will it have to be done a different way. Please tell me the process I could go about this .

sammy01

27 September 2015
You have no way of contacting the mother?
If not then a solicitor is the best option

Migz

20 November 2016
You need to carry out mediation first. If you know the mothers contact details, then you need to go and visit Relationships Australia, in your nearest town and hand over your details and her details and tell them you would like to carry out mediation in the hope of creating a "parenting plan"...

And in about 3 to 6 months time you will eventually get to carry out mediation. Should it not work you will be issued a certificate 60i and then you can proceed to federal circuit court....then by the time your kids are aged 10 you will be possibly given one overnight a fortnight...welcome to the most inhumane system in the world. Australian Family Law Courts...

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Do you mean visit just the once, ever?
Or do you mean enter into some sort of (ongoing) joint parenting arrangement,
out of basically nowhere?

Why the sudden change of mind?
Got an elderly rello on your case, wanting to see the grand-kids before they die?