QLD Visitors Visa SubClass 600

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

GJB1960

21 January 2019
I want to bring a lady friend from the Philippines under a tourist visa for 6 months
She only works casual and has no bank account
She lives with her mother and step-father
She has a current passport
I understand that the applications in these circumstances are difficult and often get rejected
I am looking for advice as to how best prepare for the application

Sydney

2 February 2015
She needs to prove that has a strong reason to return to the Philippines, along with other evidence of course.

I highly recommend using a Migration Agent as they will assess your situation and guide you through what evidence you need to provide. It's a cheap option considering it's only a Tourist Visa and well worth it knowing that your application will be submitted professionally.

There are 2 x agents that I have personally used before and can highly recommend.

www.respall.com
www.downundervisa.com.au

Olena Brodovska

13 February 2019
NSW
www.pavuklegal.com
I want to bring a lady friend from the Philippines under a tourist visa for 6 months
She only works casual and has no bank account
She lives with her mother and step-father
She has a current passport
I understand that the applications in these circumstances are difficult and often get rejected
I am looking for advice as to how best prepare for the application

Hi,

As a Migration Agent, I believe that her chances of getting SC 600 visa are extremely low, especially if she intends to apply for 6-months stay. Philippines is a high-risk country, she evidently has no proof of her finances, her casual employment or her parents in Philippines can hardly be treated as a strong reason to return to her home country . However, her chances of getting any visa to Australia may depend on your relationship with her as well. Is she your girlfriend/partner/fiance?

Kind regards,
Olena

GJB1960

21 January 2019
Hi,

As a Migration Agent, I believe that her chances of getting SC 600 visa are extremely low, especially if she intends to apply for 6-months stay. Philippines is a high-risk country, she evidently has no proof of her finances, her casual employment or her parents in Philippines can hardly be treated as a strong reason to return to her home country . However, her chances of getting any visa to Australia may depend on your relationship with her as well. Is she your girlfriend/partner/fiance?

Kind regards,
Olena

I understand, is 3 months a better option?
What needs to be done to improve her chances?
She has an auntie in Australia who will assist, if possible
We will explore a relationship, but it is hard for me to visit her

Olena Brodovska

13 February 2019
NSW
www.pavuklegal.com
I understand, is 3 months a better option?
What needs to be done to improve her chances?
She has an auntie in Australia who will assist, if possible
We will explore a relationship, but it is hard for me to visit her

Hi,

I am afraid that improving her chances may take some time. Having aunt in Australia does not help as she will not be able to sponsor her under Sponsorship stream.

Although it is hard for you to visit her, I believe that is your best option to develop your relationship at the time being.

It does not hurt to try applying for SC 600 though, but the risk of refusal is very high.

Kind regards,
Olena