QLD Visitors Visa SubClass 600

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by GJB1960, 30 January 2019.

Tags:
  1. GJB1960

GJB1960 Active Member

I want to bring a lady friend from the Philippines under a tourist visa for 6 months
    She only works casual and has no bank account
    She lives with her mother and step-father
    She has a current passport
    I understand that the applications in these circumstances are difficult and often get rejected
    I am looking for advice as to how best prepare for the application

2. Sydney

Sydney Active Member

She needs to prove that has a strong reason to return to the Philippines, along with other evidence of course.

I highly recommend using a Migration Agent as they will assess your situation and guide you through what evidence you need to provide. It's a cheap option considering it's only a Tourist Visa and well worth it knowing that your application will be submitted professionally.

There are 2 x agents that I have personally used before and can highly recommend.

www.respall.com
    www.downundervisa.com.au

3. Olena Brodovska

Olena Brodovska Active Member

Hi,

As a Migration Agent, I believe that her chances of getting SC 600 visa are extremely low, especially if she intends to apply for 6-months stay. Philippines is a high-risk country, she evidently has no proof of her finances, her casual employment or her parents in Philippines can hardly be treated as a strong reason to return to her home country . However, her chances of getting any visa to Australia may depend on your relationship with her as well. Is she your girlfriend/partner/fiance?

Kind regards,
    Olena

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GJB1960

GJB1960 Active Member

I understand, is 3 months a better option?
    What needs to be done to improve her chances?
    She has an auntie in Australia who will assist, if possible
    We will explore a relationship, but it is hard for me to visit her

5. Olena Brodovska

Olena Brodovska Active Member

Hi,

I am afraid that improving her chances may take some time. Having aunt in Australia does not help as she will not be able to sponsor her under Sponsorship stream.

Although it is hard for you to visit her, I believe that is your best option to develop your relationship at the time being.

It does not hurt to try applying for SC 600 though, but the risk of refusal is very high.

Kind regards,
    Olena

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...