QLD Viewing Subpoenaed Documents

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Migz

20 November 2016
Hi All,

Anyone know of a work around or solution, (or come across this problem), to look at subpoenaed documents that have been made available for "viewing only" but are only available for viewing in the court house over 500km away? (1,000km return trip) .... you would think in this day and age there would be alternatives???

Lennon

11 September 2014
I raised that issue with the Judge in my proceedings (over 4,000km away/8,000km trip) and he told me I could look at them when I attend for the hearing.

Then at the next directions hearing he made an order that there was to be no inspection of subpoenaed documents on the day of the final hearing, so I have no choice but to arrive for the hearing a day early.

In the end I have direct-briefed a barrister who has attended and inspected for me.

I am not aware of any work-around, as such.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
When documents are view only, it is to stop copies of them being taken away for possible use elsewhere. The only way to accomplish that is to make them ‘eyes only’, so someone will have to physically attend.

Clancy

6 April 2016
What if the volume and or complexity of the documents makes it impossible to properly assess with an eyes only visit?