VIC Victoria Property settlment

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jimmy303303303

19 January 2019
Hi.i am looking for legal advice on property settlement .i have seperated for 2 months.my ex has placed a caveat on my house and engaged a solicotor to start mediation.looking for any sort of rough idea of how the courts will rule on my situation so i can weigh up if I should accept mediation terms what ever they may be.we had a 3 year relationship with 8 months of marriage.i bought a house in my name 2 years ago and have paid all the mortgage and rates and most of the household bills.my ex works as a nurse and has an 18 year old daughter who works.also most of the domestic contribution has been mine.i have a 10 yr old son in nz so pay child support.im am wanting a fair settlement asap but my ex wants 50 percent which i think is very unfair.my house is for sale but the caveat prevents a sale.i have rea you must be on the title or contribute to the mortgage to place a caveat (is this true )just having real trouble getting any "real"advice..thanks...