Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

N H M Ravin Kumara

26 February 2017
My passport number is: - [Redacted by Moderator], and I live in Sri Lanka, Home address is: [Redacted by Moderator].

I saw a job advertisement on the internet. Then before the year 2016, I applied to an Australian Private Job called farm house.

The supervisor of the Hill City farm house, address, Dr. Omar Jordan, No91 Liverpool Street Sydney 2000, Australia. Email Address:- [Redacted by Moderator], [email protected] Contact No:- +61 280152703, Company registration number:- BCG/ED/BTS/1885150.

Owner of the farm house Dr. Omar Jordan introduced a consultant in India: Phillip Bran, Contact No: - +917291822564, +918148327598, +918148327598 Email address [Redacted by Moderator], office address: - 1/50 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi- 110021.

Then my visa process was completed via consultant in India. The visa charges and the other expenses were paid, a total of amount $50000.00 USD to his personal bank account. Then after ten months, Consultant Mr. Phillip Bran informed to me that unfortunately my visa was cancelled due toongoing issues between Sri Lanka Government and Indian government.

My employer Dr. Omar Jordan, owner of the Hill city farm house, also informed to me the same on 15-12-2016, and furthermore informed me that he is terminating my employment contract and that he will pay compensation to my bank account.

Moreover Dr. Omar Jordan informed to me that the DIAC immigration department have also informed his attorney to terminate this contract of employment and to carry on for the compensation for the inconvenience. I have been waiting for more than three months but I still have not received any compensation.

Then I try to contact Mr. Omar Jordan and Mr. Phillip Bran, they do not respond. Furthermore I informed the Indian-Australian high commission in India, and the high commission informed me that my visa was also a fake one.

Kindly help solve this problem.

Thanks,

Contact [Redacted by Moderator]

Sri Lanka.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
You were probably the victim of a sophisticated scam. As an indication the 'company registration' number is not even in the same format as an Australian Company Number (ACN).

I also found this site relatively quickly: Stop 419 Advance Fee Fraud: Mrs.Omar Jordan / Fake Job Scam Fraud

Assuming you can even find these people (who are most likely using fake names), there's probably very little you can do to get your money back. I've run into similar in the past, and they usually wind up being fronts for international money laundering schemes. Odds are that your money has been transferred through multiple sets of hands and is gone, sorry to say.

N H M Ravin Kumara

26 February 2017
Dear Sir/Madam

Kindly guide me on how to get back such a huge amount, if I can take any legal action for him. His mobile was also working and for the past couple of days, he says he is busy and cuts the line.

Kindly help me how save my money.

Thanks.

Regard,

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
How much money did you lose?

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
I was going to say, if it wasn't much (eg couple hundred) just count it as a loss.

As per @Rob Legat - SBPL 's post - There probably isn't much you can do from here.

N H M Ravin Kumara

26 February 2017
Dear Sir/Madam

Kindly guide me on how to get back such a huge amount. I am waiting without occupation here for more than two years. I lost $ 50000.00 USD.

Kindly help me.

Thanks.

Regard,