QLD Very private question concerning QLD law.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Matthew Sargent

4 March 2018
Hi there. I have a complex situation where I am considering pressing charges, but the law appears to be very much blurry on the topic.

Is anyone available who is EXTREMELY well versed in the law of abuse, and specifically of the disabled able to talk to me.

I don't feel I can post details publicly as the law is so damn fuzzy I'm not sure where I stand, and what damage I might do by just floating it all out there.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi there. I have a complex situation where I am considering pressing charges, but the law appears to be very much blurry on the topic.

Is anyone available who is EXTREMELY well versed in the law of abuse, and specifically of the disabled able to talk to me.

I don't feel I can post details publicly as the law is so damn fuzzy I'm not sure where I stand, and what damage I might do by just floating it all out there.

I think the issue of not talking to a lawyer is due to financial reason, so I recommend talking to legal aid, they may be able to give indication and may be able to direct you to a lawyer with low fees (not sure about the second one, but there's no harm in asking).
Good luck.

Reactions: Matthew Sargent

Matthew Sargent

4 March 2018
I've just spoken to a lawyer about the depth of the prolonged situation and they have agreed to devise a strategy to approach it, they set an appointment for me tomorrow with a fee of 295 dollars for 1 hour with them. Obviously this will only be the beginning of the costs involved, but legal aide was only able to provide me a 15 minute contact, with a prolonged wait period.

As a male, who has not currently pressed charges, there appears to be very limited free services.

I have a pension, and extremely low cost of living, so given a slow approach I can afford legal services.

Also, I've been wanting to approach the situation from an Alternative Dispute Resolution angle, as I can just tell the police everything, get treated like utter s**t, complain until it's escalated, and eventually end up in a protracted massively damaging situation for everyone involved. Less so to myself, but it will have fall out that will destroy any social connections I have left after the events this concerns.

I'm still looking for someone who can advise on possible approaches to the issue, but I simply can't state publicly the nature of the events with out starting a serious, un-reversible situation

James Dylan

6 January 2018
Send me a message. I’m not a lawyer, but I am an ex-cop from QLD and a current law student. So the advice I can only give is my own, and I would certainly recommend speaking to a solicitor. But I can at least have a chat with you and help give you an idea of possible legal options.