Very delayed VCAT town planning matter response?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

David06112

19 October 2020
I had a dispute with the council in regards to town planning submission with a hearing taking place in early September 2021. Still haven't heard back from them.
Usually it suppose to take 4-6 weeks but with covid I imagine it would take a bit longer but 4 months later to hear on a hearing response seems excessively long (still waiting btw).
Is there anyone I can contact to at least know when I can hear back from them?

Docupedia

7 October 2020
I don’t know about VCAT waiting times, but 4 months isn’t excessive - particularly in COVID times. I acknowledge these are different jurisdictions and each case and decision maker is individual but I’ve seen (pre-COVID) waits for decisions of 12 months plus in Federal Court and AAT, and at least several months regularly in QCAT (pre and during COVID).

VCAT’s website does state that normal time periods are not applicable at the moment due to COVID, but if you’re concerned call the Registry and ask about the process for checking on the decision status.