VIC VCAT - How to Delay a Warrant of Possession?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Macca79

8 June 2017
Hi.

Can anyone help me?

I'm wanting to know if there is anyway of slowing down a warrant of possession?

I first went to VCAT at the beginning of may as the owner wanted me out as he wanted to do renovations. The judge overturned it as he didn't explain everything in notice and the judge just said to keep looking for a house.

4 days after the hearing, I received another notice to vacate due to being behind in rent. (3 weeks). I went back to VCAT a week ago but my partner wasn't there and I wasn't in the right frame of mind with my dad being in hospital and when I did try and say something the real estate chick would just cut me off. So I just sat there.

Yesterday I received a card on my door from police to say I have to be out by the 15th of June. I have 2 young children (1 and 3) and no car. I'm happy to move out but just need more time. Say end of month. So is there anyway to slow it down?

Please help.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Macca,
I'm not 100% sure this will work. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not in Victoria, but I have read that in the situation that you don't attend or you weren't represented you can apply for a application to reopen order (the old - for review section 120) Application to reopen an order (Application for review Section 120) | VCAT

I'm not sure if you can apply based on being in the wrong frame of mind due to your fathers illness. But that's all I got.

Reactions: Macca79