QLD Used Suzuki Car Having Major Issues - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Caty

6 May 2017
Hi all,

My problem is: I bought a 2006 Suzuki Swift Auto from Zupps at Beaudesert on 03/09/2016. Since buying it, I have had the following problems:

- Wheel bearings needed replacing in Dec 2016 - was replaced under warranty

- Ignition coils failed Jan 2017 (2 days after being serviced) - was also replaced on warranty but was out of pocket as I had to pay for it to be towed to my house.

- O2 sensor fault Feb 2017, not covered by warranty, cost of $785 for replacement

- Hand break switch fault (Car thinks the hand break is on all the time) - quoted $185 to fix

- And the most recent, as of 03/05/2017 something has faulted in the rear wheel arches causing the breaks to fail (while on the way to the mechanic, and I had to drive for 45 minutes in peak hour traffic with no breaks, using engine breaking and the hand break to stop) and the mechanic has told me that whatever failed has caused a domino effect and leaked break fluid (which is highly corrosive) all over everything in the wheel arches and now everything that the break fluid has touched needs to be replaced - This will likely cost in the realm of $2000-$3000.

The mechanic has put in a warranty claim to say that the wheel bearings (The only part in that section covered by warranty) have faulted and broken everything else and I will be hearing back on this on Monday.

Until then, is there any help that you guys could offer me in terms of what I can do if they decide not to fix this under warranty?

Thanks in advance,