QLD Issues with Used Volkswagen Car - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

HayleyJ

9 September 2017
Good morning,

I have a Volkswagen golf sitting in my driveway that I'm too scared to drive since I got it back from the dealer after they "repaired" it.

Purchased the car under a personal loan for $5300 in November last year. I've taken the car back to the dealers in total four times, the last time was at the requested of the office of fair trading. Initially I bought the car in Rocklea but after two unsuccessful repairs, the man drove the car to his "head office" in Yeeronga and he stated that they will look after the car and my concerns now.

Yeeronga car dealer had a go at repairing the car. I got it back, drove it home and the same issues were there. The car starts shuddering and de-accelerating as I am driving at any speed (40-100ks)

Called the car dealer, explained it's still happening and he said he has no responsibility to me or the car - it's not his problem. The car has sat in my driveway ever since. I've sent letters using OFT template requesting repairs and I get my phone number blocked and an email stating they don't know who I am, I never bought a car from them, they don't have any other businesses as they are a solo company, etc, etc

I am going to take this through QCAT. I feel it's my only option now since I'm getting nowhere and now he is denying having anything to do with the Rocklea car yard despite ASIC records confirming this.

I'm unsure what I can claim for in regards to the car itself. I got a loan for this car and I'm paying it every fortnight yet it's unsafe to drive the car. Obviously I'm paying interest on that loan as well and if I terminate the contract I then get hit with more fees.

With the QCAT application, I'm unsure if I include the respondent as both car yards as it was purchased from one then taken over for the repairs by head office.

Would it be worthwhile including the information I'm finding out about them online with regards to their ASIC records? And also the fact that they have incorrect addresses attached to those companies through ASIC but when you look up the address they have it registered for it shows a different company as a mechanic. I'm assuming it's all linked and this is how they are dodging getting into any trouble.

The more I look into them I'm finding out so much about them. It's all suspicious. I was thinking of including just to prove they are suspicious and open the court's view on them, not specifically for myself but to show their work ethics.

Also I have a strong feeling when I write the papers to the dealer they will get angry and possibly assault me. I'm taking a friend in case but what happens if they don't show up for the conference?

Thank you. Sorry for the long post it's all frustrating me. I have met people who are dealing with the same poor service from them with their cars being faulty and unsafe and it seems they just block you contacting and hope you go away. Unfortunately I'm not one to go away.

HayleyJ

9 September 2017
Quick update I served the papers on the respondent and they verbally abused and threatened my children and myself. Threatened to lock us in their car yard and actioned to slit my throat.