VIC Urban Edge and Property Developer - Get Deposit Back?

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by Annabelle1002, 31 August 2015.

1. codyy

codyy Active Member

Hey guys. I wasn't able to make it due to work, can anyone fill me in on what was discussed?
    Cheers

2. Ranz

Ranz Member

Hi all,

I came across this forum only a week ago. I am also one of the impacted purchasers at UrbanEdge. I wasn't aware of this whole issue until I spoke to Tim from Caster Gilbert last week. Are you able to provide me an update on what you guys have discussed during your meet up?

My legal adviser contacted the builders solicitors last week and mentioned that they will get back in a week's time.

It would very helpful if one of you could update me about your last meet up.

Thanks in advance.

3. Trugzz

Trugzz Member

Hi everyone,

I recently found this forum. I also purchased an apartment at Urban Edge in 2014 and would like to hear about any updates or future meet ups. Nobody got in contact with me from Castran Gilbert for over 2 years regarding this development. I saw the occasional update on the Castran Gilbert website, from memory one said exciting times. What a joke!!!

Thanks for any available information.

4. Trugzz

Trugzz Member

Hi everyone,

A small laminated sign is now hanging on the fence at 98-100 Truganini Road. It says:

"The following property:
    98-100 Truganini Road, Carnegie VIC 3163

is subject to the control of the Agents for the Mortgagee in Possession.

Any queries regarding the Property should be directed to the agents for the Mortgagee in Possession, care of FTI Consulting, telephone 03 9604 0600".

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Active Member

Did you
    Did you hear back from the builder's solicitors?

6. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Active Member

Has anyone received help on what this means for us all as buyers?

7. Vickymats

Vickymats Member

Hi guys,

I got a letter from FTI saying that they advise to seek legal advice in respect to sales of contract. Has anyone else received the same letter? I have no idea what it's supposed to mean!

8. vanessaj

vanessaj Member

Hi,

I am a purchaser of this development and haven't received any communications since I bought the property.

Thanks for the update, I will contact FTI.

9. Victoria01

Victoria01 Well-Known Member

Thank you to the lawyers for your valuable time and persistence in ensuring the successful return of our deposits.

Your professionalism, communication and level of support has been greatly appreciated and we thank you for following through with us on this arduous and challenging journey.

10. Gilbert Grove

Gilbert Grove Member

Craig Heath (full name Craig Graham Heath) was declared Bankrupt in March 2017. He was previously a Director of Heathcorp Property Group (this company is now in liquidation) and has most recently been trading under the name of Icon Property Group / Icon Assets Pty Ltd. Any enquiries regarding the Bankrupt estate of Craig Heath should be directed to the official Trustee - Cor Cordis (Melbourne office).