WA Unsure where to post this question, regards AUS telco Vodafone

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

KaySmith92

17 April 2020
Sorry in advance for the incredibly long message, and numerous typos.

In Jan 2020 I received a text from Vodafone saying I could upgrade my phone, I rang and confirmed with voda, I went into the store I ordered a phone to upgrade with on 36 month plan. I was told I would receive the phone within about 2 weeks. I received zero confirmations from Voda. Until I finally called them, I was told the phone had arrived, and was at the store, I went to collect it was not there. Days go by, I get zero news from Voda, and I ring and check again. The Voda employee tells me the phone is at the store. I go the store. The Voda employee goes to the back to get me the parcel. The employee asks if I want him to open the phone and check everything is present, I hesitate and ask him “why is there usually things missing?”, then I just say “ sure why not” he opens the box removes the phone box and it fall open, there are finger prints all over the phone, and the sticker seal are gone , it has clearly been used, the employee verbally says it looks like it has been used. Of course the employee says we will have to order you in another.

I wait again, no word from Voda, until I call them and check, Voda employee tells me the phone is at the store for me. I go into the store the employee tells me “ ohh I was going to contact you, we actually have no more of that phone in stock,, so unless you want the other phone?”….. I was speechless. I said: just cancel everything”. The employee says you will have to call and do that yourself to get out of the 36 months contract. I ring Voda I am incredibly rude, understandably, I have had enough. The Voda employee on the phone tries to convince me to stay to take a different phone, I tell her “ I just want to leave Vodafone the service is disgusting and please stop trying to push another phone on me, I do not want to spend more money”.. The employee tells me we can try to bring the price down a bit for this phone that is similar because of the crap I had to deal with. I hesitate then I agree. She says it will be sent to my house so I do not have to use my time and money going to the store again and again because Voda keeps telling me my phone has arrived. She says it will take 2 days to arrive to me. Of course it does not arrive.

I ring Voda multiple time they keep telling me they will escalate the problem and call me right back, they never do. I ring Toll they keep telling me they will escalate the problem and get back to me, they never do. During this time they started charging me the higher price for a phone I do not have,,,, I complained multiple times,,, before I finally got a reply , they agreed to waive my bill, because I do not have the phone. Also before I upgraded I paid $60 a month I had 100GB data… when they stuck me onto the upgrade 36 months contract my data went down to 60 GB data a month, I was aware of this ,,,, but this was on the understanding I would have my new phone,, but I do not have my phone, and I am still getting less data, I rang Voda the guy was like I can stick on extra data for this month, so next month I will get lower data again and still have no phone.