TAS Unknowingly signed a fraudulent document

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
12 February 2018
Hello,
My wife’s boss sent her a contract to sign, which she did and returned to him. When I had a look at it, I told her they are committing fraud even though it is not their intention.
She verbally told her boss she does not feel comfortable going forward and he said he will not use the contract.
Is his verbal confirmation for not using the contract valid?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
What's the capacity in which your wife signed the contract?

What does "he will not use the contract" mean? If it's fully executed, and the other party is aware of it, 'use' may be a moot point.

And what is the contact for stating they would be committing fraud if that is not their intention? Fraud is a crime which has an element of intent.

12 February 2018
What's the capacity in which your wife signed the contract?

What does "he will not use the contract" mean? If it's fully executed, and the other party is aware of it, 'use' may be a moot point.

And what is the contact for stating they would be committing fraud if that is not their intention? Fraud is a crime which has an element of intent.
I share your questions and concerns. We have a home office and she signed a document saying they paid her $1000 rent over 3 years, but they never did.