NSW Uncooperative ex when coming to settlement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ShayM

12 March 2020
Hello there team. My husband and I separated on jan 6, 2019. We engaged lawyers to assist with asset split but nothing came if it because my ex would not co-operate with documents needed to asses the value on business. Have had a house valuation but cannot get the business valued. I frankly have had enough so recently applied for divorce to get things moving along. When engaged with lawyers we did come to an agreement if 60/40 split but of what amount??? He recently told me that he intends on running down the business, taking what he can in the meantime so he can take more money from the house when the time comes to settle. He has been very secretive with handing over of business docs and Hayes the though that it is even in the asset equation. He has NPD and thinks I should get nothing. My son has Aspergers and is 14. I have tried to be fair and offer him cash settlement but he refuses and says not enough. What am I to do? He will not cooperate and I know we have 12 months since date of divorce, but what happens if it hasn’t happened by then?

ShayM

12 March 2020
I am so frightened that I will need to sell the family home and uproot my children. My son with autism is mortified he may have leave.