WA Two Speeding Fines in Two Weeks - Consequences?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

rebekah111

2 April 2017
I have received two speeding fines in two weeks. They are both pretty minor, one with 2 demerits. These are first offences, and both occurred very close to each other. Due to thinking the speed was one thing when it wasn't.

What are the penalties for getting two so close together? Do they say anything or do anything to you considering they are only 2 weeks apart?

Jermy

30 March 2015
I am in NSW, so what applies in WA will apply to you. Not knowing the driving rules is no defense, therefore you will have the two fines and their demerit points. I am not sure if you can ask that the first one be waived as it is your first ticket, but in requesting this you will have to state that you will be careful with receiving the second ticket in short period shows the opposite, therefore, I doubt you would be able to ask anything for the first ticket.

Live and learn.....

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Rebekah,

No the infringements are independent from each other. If you can avoid further infringements for 3 years your demerit points will clear with in 2 weeks of each other. Drive safe.