VIC Travel advice required on 485 visa

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ashmeet

26 October 2019
Hie guys,
I am currently on 485 visa and my visa is expiring on January 2020. For some reason, I have to go to India in November 2019, and will be back here in Australia by end of November 2019.
My question is whether they can stop me in India while my visa is expiring real soon?
I have heard lot of people saying we shouldn't depart country while we have less time left on current visa.
Please suggest me guys, as I have to go to India urgently.
Thanks in advance.

lysagrey

14 December 2020
They should not. The visa is fine what matters is that your passport has to have at 6 months before it expires. Otherwise they might turn you around

seb345

14 December 2020
Yeah if this is just tourism the only thing you need is a valid passport for 6 months and you are good to go. I have been learning way too much immigration these days but my focus has been more on the immigration system in the US. I always wanted to live there (ever since I was a little kid) and when I got older I worked really hard to be able to actually move there. It took me a while but last year I got eligible for the e2 visa. I decided to give it a shot and apply for one but before I could do that I needed more information. I started my search with a simple e2 visa law Los Angeles google search (I always wanted to live in LA) and after reading a few articles I decided that I needed a lawyer. I talked with some of my friends from the states and they suggested me an LA based company that has a lot of experience with these types of cases. I have been in contact with them and they have helped me apply for the visa. I am waiting for the answer (I know it is taking longer but that is the pandemic's fault) but I am very confident