QLD Traffic Law - How Do Private Parking Companies Obtain Your Details?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Deathowl

9 December 2016
Hi guys,

Quick one under Traffic Law: How do private parking companies in Queensland obtain your details to issue further "fees"? Do they just hand them out to whoever asks these days? Just received my "admin fee" for not paying a ticket (Issued incorrectly might I add).

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,

Great question. I don't believe they should be releasing that information to private parking companies. It might be worth contacting the Department of Transport and Main Roads (ph:132380) to ask if they release that information. They other question is the legitimacy of an admin fee and requirement to pay it.

Have a read of this blog because its a question that has been in the news of late.

https://www.lawanswers.com.au/blog/private-car-park-fines-know-your-rights/

Deathowl

9 December 2016
Hey

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I came across that article when I first decided to not take this ticket further. Ad I have all the time in the world to stick it to private companies. I understand the whole "breach of contract" nonsense they use against you. Just wondering how clear they have to be with the contract.

I'm just letting it play out. I'm happy to take it to the tribunal if they ever get back to me after my objections. Very legitimate might I add (I believe anyway).

Or they keep throwing debt collectors and solicitors at me, all tied to the same companies. Either way will let everyone know the outcome for further circumstances.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
In Victoria the Road Safety Act has been altered so that private parking companies can apply for the details of the registered operator. Imagine the same applies in other states.