QLD Trade Marked Information

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

crackin

24 February 2021
Hi
I am opening an online candle store. The candle name and log are not trade marked. However i am putting offensive quotes on them. These quotes are on some mugs and t-shirts a couple of them are on candles some are my own designs. Also there are two Kath and Kim's quotes. I have googled to but cant seem to find the correct information on this. Any information or links in the correct direction would be fantastic?Thanks

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
In regard to Kath & Kim, that is a TV show and each episode is protected by copyright, so using any quotes from the show would be breach of copyright rather than a trademark issue.

In regard to using quotes from Mugs and t-shirts - they are probably made in China in which case the producers of those items are probably already breaching copyright or trademarks. In China they can get away with it, in Australia you can't. If the quotes are copyrighted or trademarked, you need to have permission to use the material.

Docupedia

7 October 2020