QLD Threatened after bad reviews for Cyberbullying and diffamation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Martini93

3 January 2019
Good day,
I am a backpacker and I used to work in a restaurant as a waitress. The 1st week the manager paid me as he said he would. The 2nd week was paid with 7days late and not the right amount ( 500 dollars were missing ). I asked the manager if there was a mistake. He didn’t answer and the day after I was fired without my last pay. I called fair work and they are currently trying to fix the situation. Then I discovered that this restaurant was well known among backpackers to fire them without the pay. I was really upset so I posted in a Facebook private group my story. At the end I said I would be pleased if people posted bad reviews on this restaurant saying the food is not good, it’s super dirty and that the managers don’t pay their staff. The managers went to fill a complaint at the police for diffamation and Cyberbullying. What should I risk ? Sorry for my English, I am not native English !

sammy01

27 September 2015
take down the posts on facebook and do not answer any questions from the police if asked.
I do not think you have terribly much to worry about but i don't think you'll get the money you're owed

Martini93

3 January 2019
take down the posts on facebook and do not answer any questions from the police if asked.
I do not think you have terribly much to worry about but i don't think you'll get the money you're owed
Thank you for your quick answer. I deleted the post 8hours after I wrote it, but the managers took a picture of it as a proof and they say they were going to sue me. There are now a couple of bad reviews on their website I can’t remove because I didn’t write them.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Continue with your fair work application, and ignore what other people write.