This is my last hope. IDK what else to do

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Acacia

14 August 2018
I have never done anything like this before, but i have no one else to turn to. I'm 17, and 6 years ago my father started dating a women. A mean, Controlling narcissist. After she fell pregnant, She started abusing my dad as well as my older sister and I. over the next few years they were constantly on and off. Each time she would take the kids, and we wouldn't be aloud to see them till they got back together. Of course after a while we started telling him not to be with her, but I can only assume he was in love , coz back he went again. During this ordeal my dad was bashed and mugged by multiple times by her family members. One even came to the house, smashing cars, tore up the lawn on a motorbike and threatened my sister and grandma. Dads ex herself has bashed dad multiple times. With hammers, a mop, she threw a phone and split his head open, with her bare fists. I have witnessed most of these. Anyway, they have three kids together now. Two boys and a girl. The joys of my life. But recently when her and dad spliy up for good, she decided that because she didn't want to see or speak to dad, the kids didn't either. So it has been three months since I saw my three younger siblings. me, and my older sister and her baby (the kids nephew) and their grandparents, all have been refused visitation. She filed an intervention order against dad and tried to put the kids on it. But we managed to get them taken off. So all that was left was to go to the lawyers. So we did. And the lady lawyer helped us to set up mediation, but when that all fell through because dads ex failed to respond, the lawyer basically dumped our ass. Told us legal aid won't help either because dads disability pension doesn't prevent him from representing himself. Which, dads disability is not the reason why we asked for help. We wanted help because we don't have the sufficient funds to get a lawyer so we could have proper representation so we can do all this correctly. Well we had no choice. we printed off some paperwork. Called a different lawyer for advise and they said we are on the right track. But today when we took the forms in, the lad there told us to try again coz it had been done wrong. Right now we have no case, no lawyer, no help. By this point dad has given up. I don't want him to. I love my siblings more than anything in the world. But what else can I do? If anyone has any advice I would be so grateful, all I want is to see my siblings

Last edited:

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Go see a community legal centre in your state.

They may be able to help in a matter like this. Your father should also probably consider getting a DVO against the ex as well.