SA Theft of items from home - Trustees Lawyer

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

squirrel333

22 August 2014
Where do I start....

Earlier this year I was wrongly evicted from my home which put me on the street but have managed to regain possession of my home.

While I was living on the streets I got pneumonia and ended up in the hospital for a few weeks.

While I was in the hospital the Trustees Lawyer removed items from my home and took them to his office.
  • Computers ( 3 x Laptops)
  • Clothes and various other items.
I consider this theft! I managed to get the items returned but I had to go into his office the day I was released from the hospital using public transport but had to lug 3 x bags, three computers out of his office and to the street without any help. He just stood in the lawyer's foyer with a cheeky grin on his face.

I have reported this to the Legal Profession Conduct Commissioner but was rejected as being a chivalrous claim.
It might be to the Legal Profession Conduct Commissioner but not to me. What is stopping him (the trustee lawyer) from doing it again to be spiteful?

I have reported it to the local police and they have taken a report but not sure what they are going to do.

Is there anything else I can do or go to get the lawyer dealt with for his actions?

I am sick of being walked all over by a Trustee who is greedy and his lawyers.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
It sounds as though the trustee/s were protecting your property after an eviction. Who are the trustees in relation to you and why do you have trustees?

What is wrong with this?