QLD The Same Business Domain Names but Different Products Sold - Legal?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Itwasntmejudge

15 September 2015
Hello everyone and thanks for reading this.

If one was to register a domain name globally, how does that interfere with, for example, a bands name that is already in use in Germany or any country around the world?

If you purchase a domain name that is already used in a different way, perhaps it could be music, footwear or any other imaginable thing, if you were to use a similar name, do you risk losing it if a lawsuit were to arise?

Please ask any questions if you don't get what I mean.

Thanks.

Itwasntmejudge

15 September 2015
Hello everyone and thanks for reading this.

If one was to register a domain name globally how does that interfere with for example a bands name that is already in use in Germany or any country around the world?

If you purchase a domain name that is already used in a different way, perhaps it could be music, footwear or any other imaginable thing, if you were to use a similar name do you risk losing it if a lawsuit were to arise?

Please ask any questions if you don't get what I mean.

Thanks.

Sorry I should add that it's incredibly difficult to secure a decent domain name it seems without stepping on somebodies toes, but they might be some small outfit that hasn't registered the name and they might be some distance away geographically and in an entirely different field to you.