NSW The role of Single Expert Witness

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
What specifically do they do?
How exactly can they help separate fact from fiction?

I have just gone through this. They will look into any allegations of domestic violence and neglect, each parties ability to parent and understand the emotional, physical and psychological needs of the children. How the impact of seperation from parent and significant others will affect the children. And the ability to co-parent.
They will inspect any subpoenaed documents and be in contact with medical practitioners and schools daycare etc.
Will interview you and your partner and any significant others and do a home visit and see interactions between parents and children. You will do a computer test to evaluate your personality and psychological state.
In my situation it was crucial one was appointed as I was accused of violence, risk and neglect which are simply not true. My ex was unwilling to agree to one being appointed. But after the threat of taking it to a hearing for a magistrate to decided which would of been costly, she finally accepted but only after I agreeded to pay the whole amount.