QLD Temporary Protection Order from Magistrates Court Expires - Leave with My Daughter?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Fbts2016

24 February 2016
I had a baby on the 19/02/16 at 8:30 pm. An application was made in a magistrates court at 11 pm removing my daughter from my care on a temporary protection order. That order expires at midnight tonight, 24/02/16.

What could happen if I was to walk out of the hospital with my daughter after midnight tonight? Would I be arrested? I have no history with docs before and their allegations are lies.

I am now required to move in with my mother to care for my child supervised but have not signed anything yet.

Can I leave tonight?

sammy01

27 September 2015
So what 'grounds' did they have for taking away a new born? They don't do that without some sort of grounds. Yep, I know they were lies, you've said that, but what sort of lies?

My opinion would be to play by their rules Docs are ruthless. So leave the hospital with the child only when they say you can. Go live with your mum. Do as you're told.

So if the hospital is willing to release you and the child and provide you with paperwork, great. But if there is paperwork that says you need to live with your mum then do that