NSW Sue for False and Misleading Bulding Inspection Report?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

judy168

16 April 2016
The respondent's building inspector gave a false and misleading building inspection report. My building inspector had defective tiling and poor workmanship in his report and the respondent building inspector had no defective tiling and no poor workmanship in his report. There were no formal hearing because the respondent's building inspector made my building inspector betrayed me putting me under pressure to make a consent order with the tiler to return to rectify when they are incapable of rectifying. So the tribunal member will not question about the false report and prosecute anyone.

The tiler offered 7 years guarantee on workmanship when the workmanship is always incomplete and substandard.

Can I sue the respondent's building inspector? He put me through depression and ongoing tribunal hearing which I had to take time off work and loss financially to rectify the tiling and wall damages the tiler caused.

judy168

16 April 2016
The tiler is the respondent. I had the dispute with at the tribunal and the building inspector represented them. The building inspector was biased and gave a false and misleading report to the tribunal.

Victoria S

9 April 2014
It is generally up to the court to decide whether an expert witness is giving biased or misleading evidence or not. I doubt your prospects of making a claim for personal injury or pure economic loss based on putting you through a tribunal hearing. How can you prove the tiling work was defective? Did the defects result in structural issues? Or is it purely cosmetic?