VIC Student Visa Application Query

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

J Ran

26 September 2017
Hi,

I would be starting my masters in Australia in Feb 2018.I have already received my student visa. However there are a few things I need to clear for which I might need your services in the future.

I was denied a Canadian student permit application earlier. However while applying for the student visa for Australia, I chose to answer 'No' for the question regarding previous visa rejection. I wasn't sure at the time since I had never sent my passport or had my medicals processed during the application. It was an online application basically.

However I got a call from the Australian High commission regarding my application. And they asked me about my visa rejection. I initially declined but they told me that the answers I give would affect my visa decisions. When I was still reluctant to stick to my answers, they told me that that they had information about my Canadian visa application and its details. Then I explained to them regarding the whole case that it was basically an online application and I hadn't even sent the proper documentation nor the medical was done. The initial required documents such as Passports scans, etc were just uploaded online.

They must have been satisfied with my answers and I got my visa luckily.

However I got a 2 year visa for my masters but since my visa had arrived late, I missed the enrollment date for the 1st semester. My visa was granted for July 18 semester but since I was late, I will start for the next semester. This means that after 1.5 year, I would have to apply for a student visa again for the remainder of my studies.

So the only question I have for now is that while I'm applying for the visa after 1.5 years, what should my answer be to the question regarding visa rejection then? If I say Yes, would the contradicting answers in my previous and current application amount to misrepresentation/lying in past? Or is there something I can do right now?

Last edited by a moderator:

OracleImmigrationConsult

27 March 2023
Bundoora
oracleimmigration.com.au
Hi

If you have provided incorrect information in your student visa application, you visa may be cancelled at a later state by the department. There have been plenty of cases in the past where applicants who have done exactly what you did and were deported from airport itself.

For more information you can book a consultation with us by clicking on the following link.

Disclaimer: This is not a migration advice. Please contact us to get personalised migration advice.