Stealing at Coles

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Thoughtfull23

6 July 2020
Hi I got caught stealing money as a till operator at Coles I stole approximately $6,800 over a 2 and a half month period, i was caught over cctv camera I am strongly remorseful for my actions and I feel really bad for my actions and I will be paying back the money that I took ASAP I know my decision was stupid and childish I was facing financial hardship at the time I am 19 years old this will be my first offence my record is really clean I realise that I have made a huge stupid decision/mistake and I am really and truely sorry for the theft that I committed and I do take full responsibility and blame for my actions the police are investigating the matter at the moment ,I’m scared am I going to go to jail?? I have left Mareeba the area that I committed the crime to Brisbane and I want to know whether it’ll look good on my behalf to pay the money back which I will ASAP , apology letter etc anything at all , I am sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate and gross misconduct. The matter is now under police investigation no charges or arrests of theft has been made yet.