Statutory Will Aplication

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

canplaythegame

28 October 2020
Hi Does anyone have experience with this?

I have an adult disabled son that lives with his mother, we are seporated and have been for a number of years.
My sons personal injury claim has been finalised, without my knowledge at the time.
She has been keeping everything from me.
But i have been contacted by her lawyer, claiming that she has applied for the above for my son.

The lawyer stated i will be presented the documents but they emailed also.
Its a 260 page will including all medical history.

I have 1 month to get legal advice and if i disagree with the applications contents i need to appear in court and say what i want.

It has an affidavitfrom her claiming stuff that are lies, im assuming to paint her a better picture.
So the 60% of my sons estate she is asking for seems reasonable.
I have been nominated for 20%
my three other childeren get the remainder.

Ex has also asked for the house and funiture that will own that she will reside in.

Anyway its a huge document and i need help.

Where can i go please>

Thanks

Harry De Elle

11 February 2017
Hi CPTG,
Given the nature and history of your 17 posts since late October 2020 I think the seriousness of the matter has gone beyond seeking information from unqualified forums such as this.
I would be seeking a well rounded family lawyer who is also a registered mediator to get to the bottom of this. Anything less and you are doing yourself a disservice.