QLD "Statute of Limitations" or Similar on Child Support?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

OzBoy

1 July 2019
I am in my 60s and have been living outside of Australia for over 40 years and have recently had attempted contact by a charity who claim I may be the father of a 45-year-old man. They are offering me no information other than the man's name and ask me to contact them which I am reluctant to do, even to ask for more information, which I feel they should offer in the first place.

I am suspicious about the lack of basic information initially being proffered so my question is, (assuming that I am the father):-

"If I return to Australia after so long overseas is there still potential for me to be liable for Child Support and/or any other pecuniary claims on me or my estate?"

Many thanks in advance for learned comment and information.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Child support? No.That ends at 18 & is generally payable to the parent during that time.. There would be no debt accrued either as there was never a child support assessment or child maintenance order

Estate? Could *potentially* be able to contest a will if there is proof that he is yours.

OzBoy

1 July 2019
OK, thank you Atticus, your time & effort in taking to post a comment is very much appreciated.

Reactions: Atticus