QLD Status of licence open to the public

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Benji1234

27 April 2019
Hi

I'm due to have my license back with the interlock system for a year. My question is when the public enter your driving license name and date of birth what information is given.

Any feed back is appreciated TIA

Cheers

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
The general public doesn't have access to that kind of information.

Your "driving record" can only be accessed by authorities and certain private organisations that are permitted by law in certain cirumstances, or by yourself or someone you authorize. Driving records normally contain all driving related offences and infringements, relevant dates and the penalties imposed (including demerit points).

Benji1234

27 April 2019
Thank you scruff much appreciated.

At the moment the public can see that my licence is not current . It gives multiple reasons for this. Do you have any information on what the status will change to. I suppose the following is well asked question in some shape or form. Is an employer able to access certain information. I have just started a new job which requires me to drive from site to site. They are aware I'm suspended and due my license back. I have been doing prep work for a shut down that I dont require my license yet but will in the coming months. Before I involve them in the interlock I'm curious as to what information they can obtain.

Thanks again for your feedback

Kind regads

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
According to this page (Check driver licence status | Transport and motoring | Queensland Government) it should simply change to "current".

Additionally, if the check shows any reason at all for your licence not being current at the moment (as you say it does), then I think you should lodge a formal complaint about the web site.

The above page clearly states "The service only checks the status of a driver licence. It will not check the driver licence class or type, or any conditions imposed on the licence."

It doesn't say anything about exposing the reason why a licence isn't current. The above statement is therefore blatantly misleading because it is not only checking the status as claimed, but the reason for the status.

In my view, the general public shouldn't have access to a site like this to begin with. It should be the same as NSW is - where only authorized businesses can access it, such as heavy vehicle operators.