Starting a Superannuation Law Forum

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Phillip Sweeney

5 February 2015
When people buy and sell real property they will almost always get legal advice to protect their interests. The High Court of Australia has noted that for many people their superannuation entitlement is more valuable than their own home, however people rarely obtain legal advice as to their superannuation entitlement. Superannuation funds are the perfect target for fraud.

I have spoken to many lawyers over the last seven years from local lawyers to "experts" at major law firms and I have been amazed at the lack of knowledge related to the COMPULSORY superannuation system. I wasted nearly a year taking a compliant to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal before finding out the Tribunal had no jurisdiction due to the Separation of Powers doctrine.

Might I suggest you have a thread specifically for superannuation issues.

Cheers

Phillip Sweeney

Reactions: Paul Cott

lawanswers

Staff member
6 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback @Phillip Sweeney
LawAnswers.com.au presently has 24 questions tagged as related to superannuation law across multiple forums.
This question volume is below the current ~40 question minimum to start a new forum. That said, both superannuation law and defamation law (27 questions tagged) are fast approaching this minimum.
I will continue to monitor question volume (and any feedback from other LawAnswers.com.au members) and will notify you when a dedicated superannuation law forum is introduced.

Have a great day,
Seamus