WA Sponsorship undertaking / Partner Visa 820

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

GeorgeG

22 May 2017
Hello!
My name is George and I'm self employed run my own business online. I am permanent resident since June 2015. I would like to sponsor my German wife. I am in a situation where I reinvest in new inventory because I want to grow faster. I never received any payment from the government. I don't have debt.
my question about this
Sponsorship undertaking.
Do I have to be in an specific tax bracket to be able to sponsor my wife(now on a work and holiday visa)?

We are actually both graduated, my wife is master of science in economics. I've a degree in communications. We speak well English. She even completed her post grade entirely in English.

But we see ourselfs more in doing business more than finding a job. I mean we could do that, but business goes well and well instead of paying high taxes I prefer to reinvest.

Should I keep more money in my pocket instead to show the migration department I earn well or can I keep reinvesting lowering my earnings

- a migration agent told me for partner sponsorship income is not a criteria and even on centerink payments I could sponsor her. Is that true?

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

Matthew Karakoulakis

27 October 2016
Hi George,

Visa process can sometimes be a difficult one. It is important to understand legal position, rights, options, and how to move forward with the visa application. We advise on strategies and assist with collection and preparation of documents in order to make visa application process a smooth task.

Feel free to contact AMK Law on [email protected] or [email protected] to arrange a time to discuss your situation.