VIC Speeding up the process

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Vanda

3 June 2020
Hi All,
In December 2019 I initiated proceedings via the recommendation of a Registrar that we were placed in front of due to a contravention breached by my former partner.
Since then, the Judge ordered a second family report be done so that she can make a decision and stated " I’m not going to hold off deciding ..... till 2021". The family report was completed in Feb 2020 and the results made available in April 2020.
We then got put before a different Judge in May 2020, whom also stated "this is absurd" but he deferred it to a two day hearing for June 2021 back with the Judge from Dec 2019. I then received an email recently to say it has been pushed out to Aug 2021.
All I asked for was a small variation of orders made in 2016 by consent of both parties, again, as suggested by a Registrar. Obviously my former partner does not agree and is happy with the delay. The Further Family report agrees with my request and has actually suggested more than what I was after in her findings.
Is there a way to get the process sped up in any way? I don't mind the two day hearing, although I struggle to understand why, I just think the delay is inappropriate given both of the Judges own words. My former partner has now begun to gaslight by contravening orders to cause conflict between us (albeit small issues) and I just want things to come to an end.

Thanks and Regards
Wayne

Vanda

3 June 2020
No not really. There was small concern but nothing significant. My former partner was recommended to under go counselling.
I have concerns but I know they fall on deaf ears.

I just want things to be complete so I can settle and get on with my life, instead of always being reminded of what is in the future.

Vanda

3 June 2020
Both her and myself are self Rep, I've spent over 100k and her lawyer withdrew their services a few months ago.
Have read about putting in an application in a case to have the interim orders amended based on the recommendations of the report writer , but unsure.

sammy01

27 September 2015
In vague terms (or be really specific if you want) what is it in relation to?