Someone stole from me

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Amy290392

15 September 2018
A minor stole from me and I am 95% the police have caught him. What happens to my property?
What if he has thrown it away or damaged it? The item was worth $1,700.
** edit this was something I was selling on marketplace he ran off with the item

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
I don't think anyone here can really help with that one, especially if you don't know what has actually happened. You'll need to speak with the Police about it - the nearest station to where the incident occurred would be the best place to start.

Amy290392

15 September 2018
I don't think anyone here can really help with that one, especially if you don't know what has actually happened. You'll need to speak with the Police about it - the nearest station to where the incident occurred would be the best place to start.
I have already done a statement because it was robbery and assault. They mentioned that they know who he is.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
They mentioned that they know who he is.
You'll need to follow it up with the Police then to find out what happened to your property. Unfortunately, if they didn't catch him at the time of the incident, there's a much higher chance that your property is long gone. But if it was recovered, the Police will be able to explain to you what will happen with it and when you'll get it back.

Reactions: Amy290392