QLD Sold incumbent car fraudulent loan documents provided to me

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sophie Carter

20 November 2017
Hi
Can anyone shed some legal light if I have any grounds legally if ive been sold a car that had finance and they produced false loan pay out documents at purchase. It’s been reported to police as well and I am yet to be called in for my statement so nothing has progressed too far yet. Is their anything left for me to do? Thanks

Sophie Carter

20 November 2017
Hi
Can anyone shed some legal light if I have any grounds legally if ive been sold a car that had finance and they produced false loan pay out documents at purchase. It’s been reported to police as well and I am yet to be called in for my statement so nothing has progressed too far yet. Is their anything left for me to do? Thanks
Add to this I forgot to mention the finance company are wanting to reposes it from me because of this guy.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
This answer assumes the finance company has a registered security interest on the vehicle (which they should).

When you say "false loan pay out documents", what exactly do you mean by that? Just a payout figure, or do you mean something to say the loan had been paid out?
Did you do a PPSR search against the vehicle before buying?
If you did, and it showed the registered interest, what did you do about it?

Sophie Carter

20 November 2017
This answer assumes the finance company has a registered security interest on the vehicle (which they should).

When you say "false loan pay out documents", what exactly do you mean by that? Just a payout figure, or do you mean something to say the loan had been paid out?
Did you do a PPSR search against the vehicle before buying?
If you did, and it showed the registered interest, what did you do about it?
Hi thanks for your reply

So I did the ppsr report found out the company had an interest in the car, after this we said we would purchase the car but only on the terms of the car being payed out. Which when my dad and I went to get the car he had told us he’s got all the documents for payout , kicker is he was supposed to email them to me and he didn’t he faked doing it while I was watching him.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Go to the police with it. Based on what you've said, that's fraudulent behaviour.