WA Sold car more than 1 month ago now buyer wants refund

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Maxmoon82

14 June 2017
I sold my brothers car on his behalf as he went overseas..he came to Australia to visit me.he bought a car for for his daily drives till he was here.when he left I sold the car on his behalf.
When my brother got the car one rear window was stuck up and that's how he got it.he didn't bother to het it fixed as he was here for a few days.i didn't know much about the car as it wasn't mine but according to me the car was good and everything seemed fine.
Now it's been nearly 2 months I have sold the car for him and the buyer calls me and asks for a refund or repair of the cars window which i too didn't realise to tell the buyer but wasn't intentional at the time of sale.he says its a false disclosure and wants to sue me and my brother who lives overseas.according to him the rear window was stuck with a wooden piece which we too were not aware of.but i was shocked as he shouldnt be coming after 2 months.his excuse is that he hasn't been driving much but that isn't my fault ...please suggest