NSW Should I buy this property

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

oldhen33

20 August 2019
Hi I am wanting to purchase a property at a mortgagees auction. The house has been under contract from a developer and they apparently delayed the settlement so the mortgagee took possession. The house has a caveat on it from the developer. People have told me the developer will have a legitimate caveat interest and has delayed settlement but apparently made a counter settlement so in effect they still want to purchase the property . I really like the house but I am worried about my legal position and other professional people said stay away from it as it will be a problem for you. What is my exact legal postilion should i run away from it , what are my risks?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Get proper legal advice.

This is not something you decide based on opinions received over the internet. Could be a good deal, could be a nightmare.

oldhen33

20 August 2019
Thank you for your prompt response. I know you right but I am just looking at what the worst case scenario could be for me